Vision and Guiding Principles
The Scientific Research Center hosts distinguished research and innovative graduate programs that promote the university locally, regionally, and globally.
Creating an academic environment that supports distinguished research and graduate programs that accomplishes the goals of the university and community at large,
to realize our vision and mission, DPU is committed to adopting guiding principles that leverage its classification among other universities locally and regionally. These principles are:
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative research that transfers knowledge and graduate studies is at the heart of our investments, while we continue to sustain support for niche-based research.
- Contributing to the achievement of national plans and priorities, comprehensive sustainable development of the Kurdistan region, and implementation of the national strategy for scientific research.
- Improving quantitative and qualitative science and knowledge in a variety of fields.
- Continuing to encourage and emphasize the international dimensions of research and knowledge transfer.
- Considering ethical principles and procedures for obtaining all necessary approvals before proceeding and conducting any research.
- Promoting the partnership between teaching and research.
- Engage key stakeholders, the community, and end users in identifying university research priorities to maximize its impact.
- Developing a strong and effective strategic framework for research, knowledge transfer, and postgraduate studies.